This Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information in connection with the Skynet App service.
If you have general questions about your account or how to contact customer service for assistance, please call our call center at __________________. For questions specifically about this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, functions or technologies, please contact our support center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data controller of your personal information is Shwe Than Lwin Co; Ltd. Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide to us which includes:
- your name, email address, payment method(s), telephone number, and other identifiers you might use (such as profile name). We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your set up box and packages. This information includes:
- your interactions with our emails and texts, and with our messages through push and online messaging channels;
- details of your interactions with our customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers, including for your network devices, and devices that are able to access SKYNET App on your Wi-Fi network;
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information including type (wifi, cellular), statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard server log information;
**Information from partners: ** We collect information from other companies with whom you have a relationship ("Partners"). These Partners might include payment service partner MO Money, where your payment information is collected and stored for regular transactions. Mobile phone carriers or other companies who provide services to you. The information provided to us varies depending on the nature of the Partner services, and may include:
- Package activation information such as storing your setup box number, Payment successful message via OTP SMS that consist of user name or other contact information;
- IP addresses, device IDs or other unique identifiers, as well as associated pre-paid promotion, payment information and user interface information, that support user authentication, SKYNET App registration and access to payment merchants.
Information from other sources: We also obtain information from other sources. We protect this information according to the practices described in this Privacy Statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These sources vary over time, but could include:
- service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize our service and for other uses consistent with this Privacy Statement;
- security service providers who provide us with information to secure our systems, prevent fraud and help us protect the security of SKYNET app users;
- payment service providers who provide us with payment or balance information, or updates to that information, based on their relationship with you;
- online and offline data providers, from which we obtain aggregated demographic, interest based and online advertising related data;
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to manage user profiles, processing your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use such information to:
- determine your general geographic location, provide GPS locations of nearby RSPs,
- coordinate with Partners on making the SKYNET App service available to users and providing information to non-users about the availability of the SKYNET App service;
- secure our systems, prevent fraud and help us protect the security of SKYNET App registered accounts;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including hacking & fraud, and to enforce our terms (such as determining whether and for which promotion or signup offers you are eligible within our Terms & Conditions);
- analyze and understand our users, improve our service (including our user interface experiences and service performance) and optimize overall performance of the App;
- communicate with you via email/SMS services so that we can send you news about SKYNET packages, details about new features and product available on SKYNET app, special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. These communications may be by various methods, such as email, push notifications, text message.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Shwe Than Lwin Media & associated subsidiaries: We share your information among the STLM family of companies as needed for: providing you with access to our services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, security, infrastructure and IT services, to customize, personalize and optimize our service, to provide bank account or balance information, to process card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services (which includes maintaining and improving their services).
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- Business transfers: In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to other 3rd party companies, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
Access to Account and Profiles
- " Remember me" function: For ease of access to your account, you can use the "Remember me on this device" function when you log in to the website. This function uses technology that enables us to provide direct account access and to help administer the SKYNET App service usage without requiring reentry of any password or other user identification whenever you open the APP.
- Profiles: Profiles allow users to store an accurate information about their setup box, type of subscribed package, subscription status, expiry date, address, email & phone number. Users may enable or disable opting for promotional information send via email.
- Removing access to your SKYNET account: To remove access to your SKYNET account from remembered device, simply log out & un-select remember me.
Email and Text Messages. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or text message, simply access the profile section & un-select "Subscribe for newsletter" box. OTP SMS Messages relating to your completed transaction on your account are not able to opt out of service.
Your Information and Rights
You can access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
When you visit the "Profile" portion of our app, you have the ability to access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information, your payment information, and various related information about your account. You must be signed in to access the "Profile" section.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information. We integrated "regional lock" function to prevent access, registration from foreign regions.
Other built in Platforms and Applications
The SKYNET app consists external 3rd party service providers that enables payment process, sending automatic confirmation of payment in the form of OTP SMS. Enabling of VPN while on SKYNET App may tamper certain processes such as payment transaction which uses 3rd party service provider Mo Money which may or may not support use of VPN.
In the case of solvency issues such as payment failure using Mo Money payment gateway, not receiving OTP SMS upon register or payment by Blue Planet SMS services, users may contact customer service hotline number _______________ or customer service email, email@example.com. Technical administrator for SKYNET App will troubleshoot the problem and address the issue during office hour (9am to 5pm).
As for setup box re-activating or related technical issues, customer hotline is available 24/7, where customer support admin will redirect the issue to broadcast technical supervisor and through CA system, the issue will be addressed immediately.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of the SKYNET App service after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. If you do not wish to acknowledge or accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of the SKYNET App service.